It's that time again. A little fun get-to-know me post. Head on over to Night Owl Crafting to join in the fun!
This weeks questions:
1. What are some of your pet peeves?
- Crazy drivers - if you almost hit me, don't flip me off as if it's my fault. Grow up....and don't tailgate me. That will cause me to slow down, not get out of your way.
- Spelling errors, especially misuse of the words your, you're, their, they're, there, not using capitalization. I can't even send a text with abbreviations.
- Overly exuberant advice givers. If my son (he's autistic) is having a meltdown in the middle of Target, don't come up to me and tell me that if I would just give him a good beating, that would straighten him up. You don't know me or my situation. Shove that advice down someone else's throat...like maybe someone that asked for it. (Grrrrrrr)
- Being late. Yes, it happens sometimes. Things come up. I still don't like to be late. I prefer to be a few minutes early.
I have 3 lucky numbers, and they change every year. They used to be 3, 8 and 44. Now they're 4, 9 and 45. Yep, the ages of my loves. :-)
3. What is one of your family traditions?
My brother and his family, my sister and her family, and my family all gathering at our parents house on Christmas Eve each year to read the Christmas story, exchange gifts, and eat great food. The number of people have been growing steadily over the last few years. My parents now have 10 grandchildren, (doing quick math in my head...makes a grand total of 18 people) and it makes for a wonderfully chaotic gathering of loved ones.
4. Is there anything you are OC about?
YES. There are several things....
- I have to have even numbers over odd....for example, it drives me crazy if the volume in the truck is set on 7. I'll put it on 6 or 8. Same thing for the temperature setting.
- When I eat Peanut M&Ms, or any other solid colored candy, I eat 2 at a time and the two I'm eating have to be the same color. What a wonderful feeling on the rare occasion that there aren't any candies left over at the end of the bag because they all matched up.
- How I fold my towels. Don't think anything of it if I turn down your offer to help. Nothing against you. It's me. :-)
- I don't use my dishwasher. I don't like any residue left over on my dishes, and besides, it didn't make any sense to use it since I would wash the dishes clean before I would put them in there. I can't stand the thought of having food stuck to the plates/utensils.
Hard to pick just one. Mexican food is a fave, and so is Italian.
Hope you join in and post all about YOU!
~ Thanks for stopping by! ~