Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread (Recipe)

I just made this bread for the first time, and it turned out great! It's a recipe that I had written down, but never tried it. I added a few things to it in an attempt to make my Fiancee like banana bread. : -)  Success!! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.


Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup unbleached white whole wheat flour (or you can do 3/4 cup white and 3/4 cup whole wheat)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup rolled oats
2 Tbsp. Hershey's cocoa, Special Dark
1 tsp. cinnamon (rounded)
2 to 3 smooshed up bananas
1/3 cup milk with 1 1/2 tsp vinegar added to it (or 1/3 cup buttermilk)
1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup peanut butter chips (or another flavor chip of your choice)
Cooking Spray

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and prepare 1 bread loaf pan (the pan I used was 9" x 5", but 8" x 4" would work as well) with the cooking spray. Combine all dry ingredients, except the chips, in a large bowl. Combine the smooshed up bananas, milk, oil, vanilla and eggs in a smaller bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir just until combined. Add the peanut butter chips, and stir until incorporated into the batter.



YUMMY :)

Put batter into your prepared loaf pan, and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick (I use a butter knife) inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Side note: You're still going to have melted peanut butter chips stuck to your knife, so don't use that as a  guideline for the bread being done. :)
Cool on a wire rack, in the pan, for 10-15 minutes. Remove bread from pan and cool completely (but feel free to enjoy while it is warm, because it is DELICIOUS that way!


All done and ready to be eaten.


Sooooo good.

Please let me know if you try a different flavor chip, and how it turns out. Enjoy!

~ Thanks for stopping by! ~

Jaime









8 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate!
    -Polly
    www.learnandgopollyco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks very good. I'll have to give it a try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!I am so going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so YUMMY!!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds very yummy! Thanks for linking up to my Catch a Glimpse party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yum! this looks great! thanks for linking this up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this looks fantastic! I'd love for you to stop by my blog sometime, www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I have a linky party called A Themed Baker's Sunday where this weeks theme is Chocolate! I'd love for you to either link this recipe or another chocolatey deliciousness!! Hope to see you there!
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/search/label/A%20Themed%20Bakers%20Sunday
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete