Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Quick & Easy Gifts ~ Hand Cream

Quick and Easy Gifts seem to be the theme here lately. My hope is that you'll find something that will help inspire you for a last minute gift. I'm always looking for those. :-) Pinterest is my inspiration for quite a few of these finds.  Please tell me I'm not the only one that's completely hooked!


I found the recipe for the homemade hand cream on Patchwork Times. So thankful I did! I get seriously dry hands (and heels, gross...I know). Sometimes the skin on my fingers will split and bleed around the fingernail. Again, sorry for the detail. :-) Must be the dry air out here in West TX. Anyway, all you need is 3 ingredients! I found them all in the lotion aisle (or whatever it's called) at Walmart.

Ingredients:

16 oz baby lotion - I used Johnson's Shea & Cocoa Butter Baby Lotion)
8 oz Vaseline
8 oz. Vitamin E cream


The Vitamin E jars are 4 ounces each.



Put ingredients in a medium/large bowl and use electric mixer. Mix until it looks like frosting. Warn the kids to not lick the bowl. :-)


I found this hand mixer at Ace Hardware for $13. That is AWESOME. : -)



Here comes the messy part if you have containers with small openings ( I used a small funnel and a small medicine dropper to kind of poke it down into the container). Put the hand cream in containers. I bought the small hand lotion bottles (3 oz each) in the travel size section at Walmart. The white containers are the ones that the Vitamin E cream came in, with the labels removed. There was about 12 ounces left over that I put in the green container. I ran out of bottles. :-)

I tried this right after making it, and it is the best hand cream I've ever used. Not joking! My hands actually felt softer, not like the lotion was just sitting on top of my hands. It seemed to sink in. I could see the difference. Sounds like  a miracle cream, huh? Pretty sure it's not, but it's what I'll be using from now on, and I know I'd be thrilled to receive this as a gift. Do you have someone on your list that would feel the same way? It would be a great stocking stuffer, too. It smells good just the way it is, but you could use a lavender baby lotion, or add a fragrance of your own. Mix it up! Have fun!




Have a blessed day, and thanks for stopping by!

~ Jaime


Come have some fun at these fabulous parties!





Created By Cori


Crafty Christmas at RaisingOranges

10 comments:

  1. Great idea for a gift! Will you link it to my Handmade on Humpday link party over at www.createdbycori.blogspot.com

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cori! Just linked up and added your button to the post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh this looks SO FUN! And my hands do the same thing in the winter time! I'm going to try it!
    Please stop by and enter our FREE GIFTS Giveaways for Christmas!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such an awesome gift idea! Please stop by and link up with our Crafty Christmas Gifts http://raisingoranges.blogspot.com/2011/12/crafty-christmas-link-up-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a useful gift! My hands get SO dry this time of year and I would love to get this. Who knew it was so easy. I am a new follower visiting from What Allie's Making Now. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would be perfect for my mom's stocking :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Cute blog! I am a new follower :) Come follow me back please? www.hannahhandmade.blogspot.com! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this lotion,it works great on my son's dry skin and eczema. I used the Cake Frosting Decorator Set to poke it into the small container. Or try using a clear plastic bag instead and cut a small hole at the end. Its quicker and less messier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vaseline also has a cocoa butter product and I also use a small amount of Almond Oil when I make mine. The nurses at work just LOVE this and know it's always in my work bag!

    ReplyDelete