Wednesday, December 7, 2011

*Yarn Along* A Finished Sweater & Scarf, Flowers & Coasters

This is my first time joining in the fun of the Yarn Along over at Small Things, and I'm excited about it! I've been inspired by my friend Serena over on Casting Pearls. Inspired enough to write a blog post after almost 3 months.  :-)

Before I share a few photos, I need to apologize... the quality of my photos are not the best. The lighting in my house at night isn't great.

I FINALLY finished a sweater for my little cousin (she turned one a few months ago) last night. Yay!

 In the upper right hand corner, there are 2 flowers that I crocheted this afternoon to go with it. Now I just need to attach them to hair clips.

Another sweater made from the same pattern.


Two nights ago I finished a Shell Stitch Scarf for my niece. I hope she likes it!

Note: If you try this pattern, I discovered that in Row 2, after you work 5 double crochet, you need to skip 2, single crochet, then skip 2 and 3 double crochet to finish off that row. :-)


Measures just over 5 feet long.



This is what I'm working on now. I am finishing up a set of 6 coasters for my cousin. The link takes you to a Crochet Geek video on YouTube. These work up quickly, about 10 minutes for me.

I am also making a basket/bowl of sorts to put them in. I just made a crochet coaster, going one round more, then did a row of single crochet in the back loop only, and now I'm just doing single crochet around in a spiral to build up the sides. :-)


This set of coasters was inspired by my cousin's favorite colors.




I am currently reading By The Light of The Moon by Dean Koontz. I never get tired of his books.

Good luck with your projects!

~ Jaime ~

6 comments:

  1. It's good to see you back! The sweaters are cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! A wonderful post from my creative friend! I need to relearn how to crochet. I have half an afghan in a bag and it's been there for years. ;) Love the sweaters and Dean Koontz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Belva and Serena! It feels good to be back. :-) Crocheting is great. It's nice when you want to make something quickly. I hope you relearn again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work! That little sweater is a cute pattern. And I like your basket and coasters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing the sweater. It's cute. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. the sweaters are cute! Welcome to yarn along :)

    ReplyDelete