Friday, May 6, 2011

5 Minute Friday - Motherhood Should Come With.....

Go:

Motherhood should come with a how-to manual. It should come with super-duper large doses of patience sent from above. It should come with a mandatory stress-test. Are you up for this? Of course you are, but sometimes the kids can really test you, and make you wonder.

Motherhood should come with extra time. There never seems to be enough of it in the day. It should come with the ability to read books in really cool voices, so the kids will be beyond captivated. It should come with the ability to be as awesome as your own Mother. How did she stay so calm when we were anything but?

Motherhood should come with the ability to know everything about everything. Who? What? When? Where? How? Why? Are we there yet? Mama, what's that? But why?

Stop





3 comments:

  1. I love this! Especially the part about reading with really cool voices and the questions. I've gotten so used to saying "I don't know but we can look it up." It's becoming one of my standard answers. Have a great Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this! I always tried to read to my kids using cool voices and accents, too. I must have sounded like a total nut, but it's fun! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i especially like the idea of getting the ability to read out loud in cool voices!

    the extra time--which would be mandated must be used to nurture yourself--would be nice too.

    good work!

    ReplyDelete