Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Yes, I Want Egg On My Face: Mama Time

Mama Time. It's a rare thing, but when I find 5 or 10 minutes to spend on ME, I enjoy every second. This face mask takes a little longer than 10 minutes, but if you have the time, it's worth it. I don't have any photos to post (would be kind of scary looking), but maybe the next time I make this mask, I'll get brave and take a few. :-)

What You'll Need:

1 egg white
a few drops of lemon juice
approx. 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil

Whisk together in a small bowl and apply to your face and neck. I use my fingers to apply the mask, but I think a small brush (maybe a soft basting brush??) would work as well. Leave on for 10-20 minutes. I found that after 10 minutes, the mask gets really tight on your face, and itches a little bit. You may want to go ahead and wash it off at that point.

If you're able to lie down and relax while the mask is on, put a cucumber slice over each eye, and really get the most out of your Mama Time. The last time I did it, I was doing laundry and dishes while it dried. Ahhhh well. :-)

After you wash off the mask, put on some moisturizer. I could see a visible difference in my skin. My pores were smaller (insert happy dance here!).

Let me know if you try it!

~ Thanks for stopping by! ~

Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment