Sunday, May 1, 2011

What's For Supper? Salsa Meatloaf & Garbanzo Bean Salad



I've been on a salsa kick lately. My Fiancee asked if I would make meatloaf tonight. I warned him that it was going to be one of my "throw together" recipes. I'm so thankful he's willing to try anything I come up with. :-)




Ingredients:

2 lbs. ground beef
12 oz. salsa
1-1/3 cup bread crumbs (I used garlic & herb)
2 eggs
1/2-1 tsp. liquid smoke
Chopped Onions (as much or as little as you want)

Smoosh (yes, that is a cooking term) everything together with your hands until well blended.


Smooshed




Put in a 9 x 5 bread pan. Anything smaller probably won't work. Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.


Yummy


The Garbanzo Bean Salad can be made ahead of time. I made it while the meatloaf was baking, but I think it would taste even better if it was in the refrigerator for at least an hour or two before serving.

I found the original recipe in Taste of Home's Summer Slow Cooker Meals recipe book. I changed a few things, and here it is:

Ingredients:

1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 bunch radishes (approx. 10), sliced
1/2-3/4 cup chopped red onion
1/3 cup Newman's Own Balsamic Vinaigrette
1/2 Tbsp. Parsley flakes


Mix all ingredients together in a small serving dish, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.


Salad ingredients..the Italian dressing was used in the original recipe.




Both recipes were a success, and enjoyed by all of us. Yay! That is not always the case. :-)

Please let me know if you try these recipes, and I hope you enjoy it too!

~ Thanks for stopping by! ~

Jaime

2 comments:

  1. had a friend that shared the idea of placing salsa in my meatloaf the salad looks great I will have to try it come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a super hearty meal and really delicious! Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday. I hope to see you again next week!!

    ReplyDelete