Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Version Of The Overnight Blueberry French Toast

Last weekend I found this recipe over on Chef In Training's blog. Overnight Blueberry French Toast. How yummy does that sound?? Nowhere near as close as actually tasting it. I made it this past Friday night, put it in the fridge, and couldn't wait to get it in the oven the next morning. I adjusted a few things, but nothing major, from the recipe.

Bottom layer of bread. I used Texas Toast.



Cubed cream cheese and frozen blueberries sprinkled on top of 1st layer. I used almost 2 cups of blueberries, instead of the 1 cup listed in the recipe.



Eggs, syrup and milk all mixed up. I used 2 cups skim milk, and 1/2 cup syrup.



Egg mix poured over the bread, blueberries & cream cheese.



Next morning....just out of the oven. YUM.


Syrup, simmering. I used a little over 1 cup blueberries, and forgot to add the butter at the end.  It tasted DELICIOUS.



Casserole w/out the blueberry syrup.



Casserole with blueberry syrup. Yes, it is as delicious as it looks.



~ Thanks for stopping by! ~

Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment